Saturday 25 May 2013

"You don`t have to find out you`re dying to start living"

How much do we all take for granted? How much do you take for granted? Why does it take something monumental, traumatic or even tragic for us to focus on our true values and begin living our lives everyday, rather than living in the fantasy of "One day I`ll...."?
 I have no answers, only questions.....
Here`s someone who could teach us all a lesson and he didn`t have the luxury of time.



                                                               What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian:

    One of the reasons I think most of us (if not, all of us) take life for granted is because no one took the time to mentor us, from a tender age, the essence of life; why we live and experience what we experience; the possibility of losing life in an instant (unexpectedly). Thus we find ourselves living and having to figure out almost everything on our own and from scratch without prior guidance from those that have lived before us.

    I have considerably learned to appreciate the boring, enjoyable and ugly moments of my life--having had a series of life-threatening surgeries one after the other. This had me contemplating on a whole lot while fellowship-ing daily with Jesus--and has tremendously changed the course of my life and my perspective on everything!

    Rgds.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You`re absolutely right Liz! We need to appreciate everything - the good and the bad. Everything we face is a lesson.

      Delete