Friday 7 December 2012

How great can you be?

Yesterday I was running a Customer Service programme for a top healthcare company and I was talking about the importance of striving for excellence in what we do. I asked the group how many of them believed they were excellent in their roles within the organisation. Only a handful of people raised their hands. Of course, we have to factor in the British reserve and modesty, but it made me wonder how many of us have excellence as a goal in our lives. If you `re going to do a job for 5 days out of 7 and work for most of your life, doesn`t it make sense to strive to be excellent in what you do? You`ll get more job satisfaction, feel a sense of pride and possible make more money. So many of us are content to tolerate mediocrity. One of the delegates even suggested I lower my expectations so as not to be disappointed!! What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment